In order to efficiently host a website, there are some considerations you should take into account to ensure that you have the proper services required for a succesful website. These questions are:
• What is the purpose of your web hosting project?
• How much web space are you going to need?
• How much traffic do you expect your website to have?
• Are there special requirements in terms of security?
• What is the domain name that best suits your project and is it still available?
• Is your site built for personal use or do you intend to start a business?
• Are you planning to upload large amounts of data onto your webspace (e.g. videos or photo galleries?)
• Are you planning to connect your web hosting project to an eCommerce platform?
• Which is your preferred website builder technology in order for you to publish your content online?
You also need to choose the right operating system for your website. Linux and Windows packages both have individual advantages. Linux is regarded as the most efficient and the most adaptable to demanding web environments, also enabling you to create online brochures, newsletters or enquiry forms and provides you with eCommerce solutions
. Windows is recommended, if you want to integrate other Windows applications into your website. The drag-and-drop method also means that the design and management of your website is much easier. With Windows you also have access to searchable database facilities.
Particularly, if your project is for professional purposes, you may be interested in sustainable web hosting. With 1&1 sustainable web hosting, you can host a website with packages that include security for you, your online visitors, and the environment. 1&1 protects the environment by running its servers and systems with green energy. Contribute to the development of renewable energies and host a website with 1&1.